incompatible licences and other issues

Don Hooper hoop at COLORADO.EDU
Mon Sep 19 10:26:33 EDT 2005

I am concerned that one apparently uncredentialed (where has he been admitted
to the bar to practice law?  Folks who *are* qualified to speak on such matters
generally don't distribute their opinions for free) person would have us
dispense with major chunks of GrADS functionality at his behest.  I also think
"strange" is by no means a substantive comment; what's next, complaints about
code odor?  I can tell you right now, gasdf.c stinks to high heaven.  ;)

On one technical note (complaint #5), the libz.a compression library is needed
by the HDF library.  So, I guess zlib.h isn't technically needed.  A small
matter.

-Hoop