World Map Coordinates!

Stephen R McMillan smcmillan at PLANALYTICS.COM
Wed Sep 14 09:30:08 EDT 2005

Vinoj,
Try this web site: http://www.maproom.psu.edu/dcw/. Although some of the
political boundaries may be out of date, It provides a downloadable
lat-lon text file ("download points" option) which you could then read
into a GrADS application. If you have further questions, let me know.
Steve Mc

Vinoj V <vinoj at CAOS.IISC.ERNET.IN>
Sent by: GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT
09/14/2005 12:12 AM
Please respond to
GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT

GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT
cc

Subject
Re: World Map Coordinates!

Dear da Francis,

I am glad to receive ur reply to my query on the grads list...

Infact I need the world coordinates for all the countries... not just
India.
For the moment, it will be sufficient even if i can get the exact details
(lat
lon) of the land and ocean boundaries... I shall make do with whatever
analysis i do right now.

Moreover Is it possible to readout the GrADS hires map dataset?

Hope ur stay out there at NY is fine...
shall get back to u off list...

regards,
Vinoj V

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 21:50:33 +0530, Francis P A wrote
> vinoj,
> greetings from NY.you need political co-ordinates of India only or
> all the country's? franics
>
> On Tue, 13 Sep 2005, Vinoj V wrote:
>
> > Hi Grads users,
> >
> > Can any one of you suggest where i can get world map coordinates with
country
> > boundaries as well? I tried searching the net but in vain.
> >
> > thanks in advance,
> >
> > regards,
> > Vinoj V
> >

> --
> Francis P A
> Centre for Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences
> Indian Institute of Science
> Bangalore, INDIA.
> PHONE: 91-80-22932505 or 23600450, extn. 217
> FAX:   91-80-23600865
> email:francis at caos.iisc.ernet.in, francis.pa at gmail.com
> http://caos.iisc.ernet.in/hpg/students/francis.html

personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above and may
contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or proprietary
to Planalytics, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliated companies.  This
message may be an attorney-client communication and as such is privileged
and confidential.  If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this document in
error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication
in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail, and delete the