Problem compiling 1.9b4. It was: Re: time step with tloop, howto?

Henrique Barbosa hmjbarbosa at GMAIL.COM
Mon Sep 12 10:52:37 EDT 2005

Dear All,

I am having problems compiling gradsc v1.9b4. I can't get 'configure'
to use the existing libz.a and libreadline.a. It always search for
that in suppblis. By the way, what is 'supplibs'? Where can I get it?
I have even tried to define CC:

setenv CC 'gcc /home/hbarbosa/local/lib/libz.a\
/home/hbarbosa/local/lib/libreadline.a'

including both libs, but it doesn't work. I have also
tried to set 'supplibs' to the location of the files

setenv SUPPLIBS /home/hbarbosa/local/lib

but it doesn't work either. However, when I use the
'--enable-dyn-supplibs' option, it does find all necessary
libs, but then the executable is not portable.

Any tips how to solve this problem without turning on
dynamic libraries?

Siraj,
I ran grads1.9 (without the libs above) and the command:
'set time first_time last_time time_step' doesn't work. How do you do it?

Thanks,
Henrique