How to convert netcdf to ascii

volz volz at AEFF.UAA.ALASKA.EDU
Fri Sep 9 12:31:00 EDT 2005

T is correct. The ncdump command is part of the tools for netcdf. ncdump is included as
part of the typical install of NetCDF, as I recall.

You will need to install the NetCDF package for your architecture and OS. Try Unidata
for more info.

http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/netcdf/index.html

Good luck,
--
Karl Volz

On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 16:38:18 +1000, Tennessee Leeuwenburg wrote
> ncdump doesn't come from Grads. It comes from a suite of tools made
> available by Unidata, and may have to be compiled and installed
> separately. I'm not a grads expert, so maybe grads does leverage off
> those tools or something, but they are certainly available independently
> also.
>
> Cheers,
> -T
>
> > Hi,
> > I have tried to convert netcdf files to the ASCII using following
> > command:
> >
> > ncdump input.nc > output.txt
> >
> > where input.nc is my netcdf input file and output.txt would be the
> > output ASCII file.
> > This command does not work. It only gives the [WINDOWS-1252?]“Unknown command:
[WINDOWS-1252?]ncdump”