plotting pressure perturbations

Morgan Silverman mlsilver at NCSU.EDU
Thu Sep 8 13:18:01 EDT 2005

Heiner,
Thank you for your help. That makes a lot of sense. My question now is
where exactly do I need to do that. I tried just defining them in my
script but it said the variable pertp was not a variable or function name.
That made me wonder if i actually had to go into the subroutines and add
pertp as a variable. Do you know? Thanks
-Morgan

> Hi,
>
> just define the time mean and remove it from your data:
> 'define meanp=ave(pressure,t=1,t=100)'
> 'define pertp=pressure-meanp'
>
> Hope it will help,
> Heiner
>
> Morgan Silverman wrote:
>
>>I would like to plot the pressure perturbations of 2D flow over a 1km
>>mountain. When I try to plot the pressure now it just plots the pressure
>>levels which vary very little during time. Is there a way I can plot the
>>change in pressure.
>>

> --
> Heiner Körnich
> Dept. of Meteorology                    Tel:    +46 8 164333
> Stockholms University
> S-106 91 Stockholm, Sweden              Email:  heiner at misu.su.se

Morgan Silverman
Graduate Research Assistant
Department of Marine, Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
North Carolina State University