Streamfunction

s. Amin amin at TROPMET.RES.IN
Tue Sep 6 10:24:55 EDT 2005

Hello,
   The grads User Defined Function (UDF) named 'psichig' computes
streamfunction(psi) and velocity potential (chi) from global grids
of u and v components of wind. This UDF 'psichig' is developed by
Dr. Mike Fiorino of University of California,Lawrence Livermore
National Laboratory,Program for Climate Model Diagnosis
and Intercomparison,Livermore, CA.  It is available on grads
website.  Readme gives all information regarding compiling
the programs and how to use UDF. It also provides example
'gs' script with data which plots psi,chi and rotational and
divergent component of wind vectors..
    If you do not find it on web, then let me know.
I have a tar file which i will send by mail.
Regards
Sujata Mandke
Climate and Global Modelling Division,
Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology,
PUNE,INDIA.

On Fri, 2 Sep 2005 08:30:14 EDT, Jeff Baum wrote