help needed with ascii output

Jean Pierre Arabonis arabonis at EGS.UCT.AC.ZA
Thu Sep 1 15:23:14 EDT 2005

Hi Matt
    I work extensively with grads writing text and have found that the
following method, while not elegant is for me most effective, have a
look at my old positing below and apply to your problem. essentially
what I posted is an idiots' version of Jennifer's' script but is
probably easier to understand.
    You will need to assign values to each variable then create the line
before writing the file.
    Have a look at the script then give me some specifics and I'll give
you a hand.
    Cheers
       JP

Hi
   fwrite will produce a binary file, you need to write a script,
somthing like the following for ascii, using the write command:

function main(args)
i = 1
while i <= 249
'set t ' i