Comments on building GrADS from source

Alessandro Mandelli mandelli.alessandro at TISCALI.IT
Wed Oct 26 11:25:00 EDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jennifer Adams" <jma at COLA.IGES.ORG>
To: <GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT>
Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2005 4:34 PM
Subject: Re: [GRADSUSR] Comments on building GrADS from source

> I could say a lot more, but will restrain myself and leave it at this:
> right now our resources are too limited to provide the complete
support
> the community really needs.

All in all, many projects gained success and features from development
teams across the internet, 'a la' boinc and other distributed computing
projects.
Why not let the community help itself? That may also help in rewriting
grads to be cross-platform and let cygwin alone.
I'm not a programmer, but I'm a daily grads user who would be more than
glad to test and debug the code in Linux and Windows as well.