defining new variable

Lijuan Wu lijuanwu at ATMOS.UIUC.EDU
Sun Oct 16 00:26:24 EDT 2005

Thanks for reply. Yes, I got the problem, I should disable fwrite before the next new fwrite.

Lijuan
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Henrique Barbosa
  To: GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT
  Sent: Saturday, October 15, 2005 4:26 PM
  Subject: Re: defining new variable

  Wu,

  You don't need to save the data, just plot it! Try this:

  'mean=ave(ave(temp,lon=0,lon=360),t=1,t=1000)'
  'd mean'

  There's also an error in your script. When you use fwrite,
  you must "display" the variable to have it written to the file.
  And I think it would be better to fclose the file before a
  new fwrite.

  x's
  Henrique