color bar

Tom Pollard tomp at EARTHLINK.NET
Thu Oct 13 13:53:06 EDT 2005

Diego,

You wrote:
> I have two wind files of different source, when I make
> the graphics (with cbar.gs) the bars of colors of both
> graphics are different.  I want that the bar of colors
> is equal in both cases can help me to do this.

It sounds like you're just using the default contour levels, which
means the contour levels are going to be recomputed for each new plot
to optimally cover the range of values being plotted.  If you want
consistent contour levels when plotting multiple datasets, I think
you'll have to set them directly before plotting each dataset, using
the 'set clevs' command.  You can use 'q shades' after doing a plot
to see what contour levels were used.

Hope this helps,

Tom