Cola8 down or my bad?

Daniel Victoria daniel.victoria at GMAIL.COM
Wed Oct 5 09:17:31 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I'm trying to access the lba data on cola8 DODS but can't get to it. I
tried using both gradsnc and gradsdods and issuing the command sdfopen
http://cola8.iges.org:9090/dods/lba_air.

I always get a "does not exist or is not a netCDF file" error. Is the
server down or am I using the wrong executable (gradsnc)

On another but related topic, when I run gradsdods on a Debian linux
and do a sdfopen http://cola8.iges.org:9090/dods/lba_air it starts
scanning the self-describing file and then seg faults. Is there a
specific grads debian package that I should use?

Thanks
Daniel