creating contour plots with .txt data

Mark Schuster m_schus at YORKU.CA
Wed Oct 5 03:49:44 EDT 2005

Hi

I was wondering if anybody knows if I could use grads to make a contour
plot of variables that i have in a regular text file.  A have average
moisture flux values for specific lat/lon squares and would like to create
a contour plot of these. I have tried doing this with Excel, but Excel
creates the stupidest looking plot, and my values are averages over a
2.5x2.5 degree square, and Excel is interpreting them as being point
values.  Or is grads only able to make plots with data from .nc etc files?

Can anyone suggest anything?

Thanks a lot

Mark