How to make climatology

Henrique Barbosa hmjbarbosa at GMAIL.COM
Tue Oct 4 08:08:14 EDT 2005

Anil,

If I understood want you want to do, here's how I'd do it:

set time jan70 dec70
clim=ave(my_var,t+0,time=dec2000,12)
modify seasonal clim

In this way the new variable clim will have 12 time steps. The first
is the average of all januaries; the second, all februaries; etc...
Supose you want to plot the mean september:

d clim(t=9)

The trick is the last 12 while defining clim. It tells ave() to jump 12
time steps while making the average. Even more, notice the
first time set to t+0... Since time spams over 12 months, each turn
the ave() will start from a different time.

[]'s
Henrique