Plotting Points on Maps

Stephen R McMillan smcmillan at PLANALYTICS.COM
Mon Oct 3 18:42:31 EDT 2005

Sheri,
As you read in each station's lon/lat coordinates, convert them to x and y
coordinates using the "q w2xy" query option, then plot on map. For
example, if wx and wy are the corresponding x and y coordinates obtained
from the query:

'set ccolor 4'
'draw mark 3 'wx' 'wy' 0.05'

should plot a small blue dot at the corresponding x and y coordinates of
the station. Hope this helps.

Steve McMillan
Planalytics

Sheri Conner Gausepohl <sheri at ATMOS.COLOSTATE.EDU>
Sent by: GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT
10/03/2005 05:42 PM
Please respond to
GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT

GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT
cc

Subject
Plotting Points on Maps

Dear Grad User List:

I would very much appreciate help with plotting points on a global map.
I have about 50 stations I would like to plot and hope that there is a
straight-forward way to do this in a script.

Thank you very much.

Sheri

Sheri L. Conner Gausepohl
Graduate Research Assistant
Department of Atmospheric Science
Colorado State University

personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above and may
contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or proprietary
to Planalytics, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliated companies.  This
message may be an attorney-client communication and as such is privileged
and confidential.  If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this document in
error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication
in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail, and delete the