GrADS versions

Srivatsan Raghavan ucfasra at UCL.AC.UK
Wed Nov 30 13:08:40 EST 2005

Hi all,

I have installed GrADS 1.9 and was using 1.7 Beta till now:
After launching gradsnc , some of the features in 1.7 were not working in 1.9.
For eg: command line editing, Image magick using 'wi' etc :

A comparison of q config is below :
--------------------------------------
Grads1.9

This version of GrADS has been configured with the following options:

   o This is a 32-bit LITTLE ENDIAN machine version.
   o Command line editing (readline) DISABLED.
   o CIRES/CDC (http://www.cdc.noaa.gov) SDF/XDF interface ENABLED.
     Use sdfopen/xdfopen to read NetCDF files.
   o DTYPE netcdf is ENABLED; DTYPE hdfsds is DISABLED.
   o OPeNDAP (a.k.a. DODS) gridded data interface DISABLED.
   o OPeNDAP (a.k.a. DODS) station data interface DISABLED.
   o PCMDI (http://www-pcmdi.llnl.gov) LATS interface ENABLED.
     This version is configured to write GRIB and NetCDF files.
   o DAO (http://dao.gsfc.nasa.gov) Athena Widget GUI DISABLED.
   o NRL/DAO/PCMDI XA or ImageMagick Image Output DISABLED.
   o printim command DISABLED

Grads 1.7

This version of GrADS has been configured with the following options:

   o This is a 32-bit BIG ENDIAN machine version.
   o Command line editing (readline) ENABLED.
   o CIRES/CDC (http://www.cdc.noaa.gov) SDF/XDF interface ENABLED.
     Use sdfopen or xdfopen to read both NetCDF and HDF-SDS files.
   o PCMDI (http://www-pcmdi.llnl.gov) LATS interface ENABLED.
     This version is configured to write GRIB and HDF-SDS files.
   o DAO (http://dao.gsfc.nasa.gov) Athena Widget GUI ENABLED.
   o DAO/PCMDI ImageMagick Image Output ENABLED.
     Use "wi filename.format (gif,jpeg,etc)" to output X window to an image file

How do I make all the 'DISABLED' ones in 1.9 to be 'ENABLED' as in 1.7 ... I
dont know where I went wrong in installations.

Thanks for all help,

Sri

Sri Raghavan
PhD Student