Animation control

Dave Allured dave.allured at NOAA.GOV
Fri Nov 25 15:59:13 EST 2005

Thank you, Eric.

Since Inquiring Minds Need To Know,  I looked into how xanim.gs does the
time delay.  A shell command is used:

    '!sleep ' sec

where sec is a script variable containing the desired delay in seconds.
You could use either a constant or a variable in this command.

Here's the source location for the whole script.  The time delay is at
the end of the big loop:

   ftp://grads.iges.org/grads/scripts/xanim.gs

--Dave