Animation control

Dave Allured dave.allured at NOAA.GOV
Fri Nov 25 14:38:41 EST 2005

Binh,

I don't know about an automatic timer in Grads.  If there is not
something built in, and you are using a Grads script, then you could
certainly use the !shell-command and some external program to introduce
a short time delay between frames.

For this purpose, I like to have manual control using the keyboard.  Use
the pull command to read a dummy string between each frame.  Then you
just press the Enter key for each new frame.  You can also check for
certain keys such as "f" and "b" to go forward and backward in your
animation.

http://grads.iges.org/grads/gadoc/script.html#standardio

--Dave A.
CDC/PSD/NOAA/CIRES