Binary file from NEC-SX6

Heiner Körnich heiner at MISU.SU.SE
Fri Nov 18 07:50:10 EST 2005

Hi Karina,

I used to do that and had no problem with "OPTIONS big_endian".

One thing to be carefull with on NEC-SX6 is the record length in fortran
binary files. this has to be multiplied with 4.
Here is an example:
 open(23,file='out.grads',status='new',
     &              access='direct',form='unformatted',recl=4*nrec)
 nrec is the number of entries per write-command. On many machines you
only need recl=nrec.
But however I think, this would produce a different problem for you.

Heiner

--
Heiner Körnich
Dept. of Meteorology                    Tel:    +46 8 164333
SE-106 91 Stockholm, Sweden             Email:  heiner at misu.su.se