makebg.gs

Paul Michaelwaite paul at NET-WEATHER.CO.UK
Thu Nov 17 08:43:01 EST 2005

Hi all, I hope you may be able to help me. I am trying to use the script
makebg.gs, which gets the topographiy data from these dods servers:
http://cola8.iges.org:9090/dods/navytopo
http://cola8.iges.org:9090/dods/navyh2o

But using these, it is only possible to make it work for europe by using a
NPS projection as on lat lon projection cuts out anything west of the
0degree line.

Evem on the NPS projection it creates a blank line through 0 degrees. Is
there a setting I need to change or is there another source of this data
that can be used? I see the charts for europe on the grads site don't have
this problem, so I am guessing there is some way around it?

http://wxmaps.org/pix/euro.fcst.html

Paul