Newbie questions!

Richard Ellis rjel at CEH.AC.UK
Mon Nov 14 11:32:31 EST 2005

Wen,
Just a thought but it could be the permissions on the .ctl file.
Cheers,
Richard

>>> fangwen at CLIMATE.CESTM.ALBANY.EDU 14/11/2005 16:01:47 >>>
Hi, everyone
I have the same problem. I installed GrADS on my local directory of  SUN workstation. I can execute "grads" command under my  any directory, but when I try to run  the sample (come with  tutorial ), whose all of document--.ctl, .dat , .gmp and .grb documents be under the grads directory, I can not open the model.ctl, the error message is: Scanning  description file:  model.ctl
> Open Error:  Can't open description file`

so could anyone help me? I am first time to use GrADS. I want to learn more from all of you.

WEN