Total annual precipitation

bhatt vihang vihang_75 at YAHOO.COM
Thu Nov 10 01:38:30 EST 2005

dear ben

why not to use reference card available on grads web
site. it is merely three pages has enough information
regarding frequently used commands.

the solution to your problem is

d ave(parameter,t=tmin,t=tmax)

where parameter is the variable you wish to plot
tmin is starting time index
tmax is ending time index

regards,

vihang bhatt

--- Ben Burford <benb at RESTEC.OR.JP> wrote:

> Hello Grads Masters,
>
> I have a netcdf global 1 degree by 1 degree gridded
> file with 8 years of
> daily precipitation data (mm/day).  For each grid
> cell I want to:
> 1. add up the total daily amounts of precipitation
> (for the entire time
> series), and divide by 8 (to get the average annual
> total precipitation).
> 2. display this (global 2D plot). and
> 3. save this into a file for later use by another
> function.
>
> I imagine this will be fairly simple, but I'm a
> beginner and I don't know
> what functions are needed or how to set up the
> syntax.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.
>
> Ben

Vihang Bhatt