lines from the corner

Adam Sobel ahs129 at COLUMBIA.EDU
Tue Nov 8 11:04:23 EST 2005

Hello,

I have a data file (netcdf, opens fine with sdfopen) which when I try to
make a
contour plot, gives me straight lines from the corner which cover up the
plot,
which otherwise would look fine.  Example attached.  I suspect it has
something
to do with the fact that this data is all missing over the land (it is
an ocean-only
data set) but other than that can't see what's wrong.  Changing the
contour interval
doesn't help.  I found another post on this behavior in the archive but
no one seems
to have answered that one (a few years ago).  Any insight appreciated.

thanks
Adam

--
Adam H. Sobel
Department of Applied Physics and Applied Mathematics
e-mail: ahs129 at columbia.edu
web: http://www.columbia.edu/~ahs129/home.html