regridding

Davide Sotil Bertanzetti davide at CEAM.ES
Mon Nov 7 11:33:45 EST 2005

I think that's not so easy!

The problem is not the CTL file but the corresponding datafile, and I think
that to do what you are requesting you must change this datafile. Or that's
what I would do in your case.

Note that you are trying to convert the variables given in your CTL for a
specific X/Y values to another X/Y values. And if you haven't this
variables at this new locations to re-create or re-write the datafile (I
don't know how the datafile was created), you should interpolate the old
datafile, using FORTRAN, for an example, to read the old datafile,
interpolate the variables to the new locations and write the resultant
values in the GRADS datafile format. And then change the CTL file in the
way you wrote.

To do so, you must understand how GRADS puts data in the datafile, and also
you must know a way (as FORTRAN) to read, interpolate and re-write the
datafile. I suggest you to take a look to the Grads User's Guide at
"General Topics->Gridded data sets" in the way to understand GRADS at
first.

Davide Sotil Bertanzetti.