script: writing text without newline

Henrique Barbosa hmjbarbosa at GMAIL.COM
Wed May 11 14:43:09 EDT 2005

Diane and Mathias,

You both sugestted the same, but that doesn't work for me.

My intention is to create a kind of progress bar, so it doesn't
make sense to accumulate a line's content.

For that, I really need to write strings to the same line, one after the other.
That's what prompt does, but I need to eliminate the buffer, so that the
strings appear on the screen as soon as the are written.

Any other clue?

Henrique Barbosa