Segmentation fault

Jennifer Adams jma at COLA.IGES.ORG
Thu May 5 21:08:00 EDT 2005

Hi, Steve --
The WRF model output is on a pre-projected Lambert grid -- what you
need to display it properly is PDEF LCCR with a dtype netcdf descriptor
file. (That's the GrADS equivalent of "take two aspirin and call me in
the morning!") Fortunately, this is code that has already been written,
tested, and documented (!). The only thing missing is the GrADS
release, which I am in the process of preparing (thus the
documentation). When it's ready, you'll have to upgrade to 1.9b4, but
we have a redhat 7.1 system here at COLA which is probably compatible
with yours, so one of our binary releases should work for you. You can
try out the 1.9b3 release and see if it works on your system, but the
pdef lccr stuff isn't in there; you'll get an error message that says
"PDEF not fully implemented for dtype netcdf/hdfsds".
Jennifer

--
Jennifer M. Adams
IGES/COLA