tregr function

Dan Swank Dan.Swank at NOAA.GOV
Mon May 2 17:48:04 EDT 2005

All,

Looking for some quick advice on using this function.

I have a single level 144 lon x 90 lat grid with 100 time steps.
I want to do a linear regression using tregr() on each of the x/y grid
cells (100 data points in each). and plot the slope of the regression
lines on a plot.

My problem is with the first argument.  If i am correct, the first arg
defines the values to be used on the x-axis for the regression, while
the 100 time values go on the y-axis.  I have tried putting a aave() of
the same variable for this argument as shown in the docs for the
function but this does not give me what i'm looking for.

How can I 'define' a simple 1-D variable with values 1-100 to use for
this argument?

Thanks for any help,
-Dan