fwrite, multiple variables, multiple levels, multiple times

Dorita Rostkier-Edelstein rostkier at IIBR.GOV.IL
Mon May 2 03:11:01 EDT 2005

Dear users,

I am trying to create a *.dat file using fwrite. I succeeded to write a
single variable at two vertical levels and one time frame, and to display
it properly with the help of a proper *.ctl file.
I want to create a multiple-variable multiple-level multiple-time *.dat
file. I know how to write the proper *.ctl file.
I do not know how to write the variables into the *.dat file properly.
What should be the fwrite order? For each time frame I should write each
variable at all vertical levels? Or should I write each variable at each
vertical level and then the next vertical level? In other words, I have 3
while loops here, how should they be ordered?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Dorita