(gribmap utility) index file is not created

Fernanda Santos nandaara at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Mar 31 20:44:47 EST 2005

Hi!

I also tried  gribmap -verf -E -i myctlfile

but I got errors again.

Usually I got these errors as showed below:

 gribmap:  Scanning binary GRIB file(s):
UUUUU: Updating the gribmap for the TEMPLATED GRIB data described by the:
UUUUU:
UUUUU: soillevel1957.ctl
UUUUU:
UUUUU: GrADS data descriptor (.ctl) file....

Could not open index file: (null) for updating
Create the map........
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

gribmap -e -i soillevel1957.ctl

gribmap:  Scanning binary GRIB file(s):
gribmap:  Opening GRIB file soillevel1957.grib
...... punching out -e option set flen-4 check ......
gribmap:  Reached EOF
Could not open index file: (null)

gribmap -i soillevel1957.ctl

gribmap:  Scanning binary GRIB file(s):
gribmap:  Opening GRIB file soillevel1957.grib
GRIB file format error
rc = 53

Can anyone help me?

Thank you,