space around frame

Mark gemark at GEORGE2.AS.NTU.EDU.TW
Tue Mar 29 22:49:08 EST 2005

> Hey everyone,
>
> I was wondering if anyone knows how to calculate the amount of
> "whitespace" that will be around the outside of an image when you print
> the display to a png or gif.  Essentially I am just looking for the x
> and y pixel coordinates (assuming the default size of an image is used,
> 800x600) of the 4 corners of the "main" part of the image.  Since I am
> apparently having trouble putting into words what I am looking for a
> picture might help out a little bit,
> http://tornado.meso.com/imgs/example.png.  I want to know the x,y
> coords of the corners of the terrain map so that I can crop of all of
> the red area (the background).  Oh another thing, to make things easier
> I would be using the latlon mproj so that the extra space on either
> side of the image is the same.  Thanks for the help.
>
> Regards,
> Matt

Hi
I got this by normal email, maybe reply to you directly would be better.
Have you ever tried 'q ll2xy' ?
The command means that quary lat-lon to page x-y coordinate.
You can try:  'q ll2xy -78.5 41.4'
And the x-y coordinate relative to your GrADS frame will show.
Maybe that command can help you to solve your problem.

Mark