Terrain-following coordinates in ARPS

Jeff Frame jwf155 at PSU.EDU
Fri Mar 18 14:44:16 EST 2005

Hello,

I am using GrADS to plot output from the ARPS model.  The model uses a
terrain-following stretched grid and the data do not plot correctly in
the vertical near terrain features.  I have already interpolated the
data to flat vertical levels before plotting.  Any suggestions on how to
resolve this problem?

I also have a related question.  Does anyone know what vertical
coordinate GrADS uses to compute the centered finite-differences using
the cdiff function?  It is not giving the correct values on my
interpolated grid.

Thanks,

--

Jeffrey Frame