ECMWF reanalysis and Gribmap

William Scheftic bscheftic at COMCAST.NET
Mon Mar 14 22:02:53 EST 2005

Hello,

I am having trouble using gribmap with ECMWF reanalysis ERA-40 grib files.  I ran grib2ctl.pl without the use of any flags, it seemed to produce a good .ctl file, but whenever I try to use gribmap it won't create an index file.  I wasn't sure if anybody has ran into these problems, gribmap normally works well, seems like this problem is associated with the reanalysis files specifically. Thanks for any help anyone may be able to provide.

Sincerely,
Bill Scheftic
California University of Pennsylvania