station mark

Boyin Huang boyin.huang at NOAA.GOV
Wed Jun 29 09:14:43 EDT 2005

Dear Gradser:

I am trying to plot station markS for different groups of stations. e.g. a
total of 100 stations in which 50 are XBT (stid) and another 50 are Argo
(stid) observations in oceans.

Assuming all 100 records are ready in .ctl file (I can display their
values in x-y domain), what I want is to display different marks for XBT
(red)and Argo (blue) observations.

In view of past posters several years ago, people suggest to use
'q w2xy lon lat'
xp = subwrd(result,3)
yp = subwrd(result,6)
'draw mark 1 'xp' 'yp' 0.15'

or 'draw string ....'

The key to the above answer is to have a pre-knowledge of longitudes and
latitudes.

My questions are (1) how to retrieve all the irregular lon lat information
from the station data file, although I know they are in the station data
file, and (2) how distinguish XBT and Argo with different stids.

Thanks a lot