conversion from DAT to ascii...

Kilian Hagemann hagemann1 at EGS.UCT.AC.ZA
Sat Jun 25 07:39:30 EDT 2005

George,

> would somebody please be kind enough to inform me on how to convert a DAT
> file to an ASCII file?

Plenty of solutions have already been posted to this list, just search for it.

> Will that DAT file have the output of wrf or of e.g.
> MM5?

I assume you're talking about a .dat file that grads can read and that has a
corresponding .ctl file. If that is so, no, MM5 has a completely different
binary format (don't know about wrf), but you can convert that to grads using
the MM5toGrads component of MM5 (look on their website for it).

--
Kilian Hagemann

Climate Systems Analysis Group
University of Cape Town