How to generate a background map.

Stefan L kermitt at FREE.FR
Mon Jun 20 08:35:18 EDT 2005

Igor Gómez a écrit :

>Hi all Grads users.
>
>I have the next question. We want to represent meteorological data for a
>regio n of Spain, so we need to print the contour to locate that region. We
>have a file with the latitude/longitude coordenates of the contour. How can
>we generate a background map to locate the limits of the region?
>
>Thanks before hand.
>
>Igor.
>
>Hello Igor,

In fact, you convert your ascii file into a flat file that will be read
by GRADS using the command 'draw polyf'
It will draw your regions.
Have a look on this adress in order to see a kind of file.
http://web.lasg.ac.cn/grads/gadoc/scripts/lpoly.asc

Basemap.gs uses this princip in order to draw a mask of continents.

Best regards from Stefan