Convert .nc to GRADS.

Peter Colarco peter.r.colarco at NASA.GOV
Fri Jun 17 11:53:37 EDT 2005

I don't know about the Windows platform.  If the netcdf file is not
formatted correctly (i.e., COARDS compliant) then probably GRADS
needs to be told how to read it.  In that case, sdfopen will not work
and you need to write a data descriptor file.  See: http://
grads.iges.org/grads/gadoc/SDFdescriptorfile.html

Pete

On Jun 17, 2005, at 11:43 AM, john mathew wrote:

> hello mike,
> sounds like you are on a windows platform. aren't you?
> i think windows version of grads cant afford to handle
> netcdf. if i am wrong anybody correct me, please.
>
> --- Mike <riboy1977 at YAHOO.COM> wrote:
>

>> Does anyone know of something that can convert an
>> .nc file to GRADS format?  I tried using the
>> commands below to open it directly but got the below
>> error:
>>
>>  ga-> sdfopen C:\GRADS\2005061618_wrfnmm08_east.nc
>> Scanning self-describing file:
>> C:\GRADS\2005061618_wrfnmm08_east.nc
>> SDF file has no discernable X coordinate.
>> ga->
>>

>> -Mike

>> Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam
>> protection around
>> http://mail.yahoo.com

> Yahoo! Sports

Peter Colarco