Why sdfopen cant open in Grads 1.9b4

Arjun arjunjt at CAOS.IISC.ERNET.IN
Fri Jun 10 14:56:32 EDT 2005

Hooper,

  First of all, I am sorry. Actually, I had installed grads 1.9b4
in my system a few days back. When sdfopen command din't work, I
shifted back to 1.9b3. Now it is working fine. In Grads 1.9b4, when
I open netcdf file with sdfopen, it was saying 'Unknown command: sdfopen'.
Sorry, I was confused that you were asking all ncdump data. In my system
even ncdump is not working. I mean it is not there in my system
Should I install that separately?

About European and NASA type data, actually i did not have any idea
about where it was originated and other things. I have little knowledge
on that. Some european satellite data also comes in netCDF format like
meteosat data, that is why I just referred as European data. I have been
downloading NASA's NCEP reanalysis data for plotting wind vector plots
from following site.
  http://www.cdc.noaa.gov/cdc/data.ncep.reanalysis.html
I just referred this as NASA's netcdf data. If I am wrong, please correct
it.

I hope the error which I am getting 'Unknown command: sdfopen' might be
due to some incomplete installation of the software. I guess ncdump
should be installed in the computer for using sdfopen command.

Please help me in this regard.

Thank you.