color to b/w conversion problem in gxeps 1.9b4

Eric DeWeaver deweaver at AOS.WISC.EDU
Thu Jun 9 15:30:34 EDT 2005

Dear Grads Users,

I'm now using grads 1.9b4 which is in most ways a very nice
upgrade.  One thing that's not working for me is "gxeps -b",
as the attached figures show.  gxepsc.eps is a color plot
with three colors, made with

  gexps -o gradsc.eps grads.gmeta

grads.eps is the same figure, only created with

  gexps -b -o grads.eps grads.gmeta

The same file grads.gmeta is used for both.  The problem goes
away if I use gxeps from grads1.8sl11.

This is grads on an intel linux box with RH7.1 and the 2.4.18-3
kernel, using grads binaries from grads-bin-1.9b4-linuxRH7.1.tar.gz.

I'm wondering if this is a known problem, or if other users
have encountered it.  Or is there something wrong with the way
I'm invoking gxeps?

Thanks for your attention,

Eric

Eric DeWeaver
Assistant Professor
Department of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences
University of Wisconsin - Madison
1225 W. Dayton St.
Madison, WI 53706
608-265-5438 (voice) 608-263-4190 (fax)