wgrib to check grib errors?

Federico Ceccarelli ceccarel at FISICA.UNIGE.IT
Mon Jun 6 04:31:27 EDT 2005

Hi everybody,

I receive daily grib files from a numerical model by ftp.

I receive a single file for every variable and every timestep, so I have
to combine all small grib files in a bigger file before processing it.

Sometimes it happens that some small  grib file seems to be somehow
corrupted, and analyzing it with wgrib I receive a message like:

'missing end section'

Have you ever experienced a problem such this? IS there a way to fix it?

Is there a result code that wgrib gives back referred to the quality of
the grib files?

for example:
1 if the grib file is ok
0 if the grib file is corrupted

so that I could cut away the corrupted files before joining them in a
bigger grib file...

thanks in advance!

federico

         Federico Ceccarelli