Grads Lat Lon problem

Stephen R McMillan smcmillan at PLANALYTICS.COM
Thu Jul 21 14:23:30 EDT 2005

Have you tried 'set lon 340 390'?

SMc

Oliver König <k.oliver at T-ONLINE.DE>
Sent by: GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT
07/21/2005 01:50 PM
Please respond to
GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT

GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT
cc

Subject
Grads Lat Lon problem

Hello,
I am loading DODS data which contains sea surface temperature for the
entire
globe.

ga-> q dims
Default file number is: 1
X is varying   Lon = 0 to 359.9   X = 1 to 3600
Y is varying   Lat = -70 to 79.9977   Y = 1 to 1501
Z is fixed     Lev = 0  Z = 1
T is fixed     Time = 03Z21JUL2005  T = 1

When I display the the entire data with: 'd water_surf_temp' then grads
plots
the world map with the data starting at 0 degrees longitude (London) on
the
left and stopping at 360 degress longitude.

I want to plot a map for the entire Europe (including the parts of Europe
that
lie west of 0 degrees longitude (London). Therefore I tried:

set lon -20 30
or
set lon 340 -30

Grads either doesn't plot anything at all or it plots only the part east
of
London. How can I solve the problem? Many thanks for your help.

--
Oliver König

personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above and may
contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or proprietary
to Planalytics, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliated companies.  This
message may be an attorney-client communication and as such is privileged
and confidential.  If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this document in
error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication
in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail, and delete the