little-endian and big-endian

Davide Sacchetti davide.sacchetti at ARPAL.ORG
Tue Jul 12 10:51:29 EDT 2005

use "options" keyword on your ctl file ...

"options byteswapped" Indicates the binary data file is in reverse byte
order from the normal byte order of your machine

big_endian Indicates the data file contains 32-bit IEEE floats created
on a big endian platform (e.g., sun, sgi)

little_endian Indicates the data file contains 32-bit IEEE floats
created on a little endian platform (e.g., iX86, and dec)

(from on line manual)

you can also use grads to convert from litlle/big endian to the normal
byte order of your machine (setting gxout fwrite)

bye bye
Davide

--
Sacchetti Davide
ARPAL UO3 Centro Meteo Idrologico Regione Liguria - Dir. Scientifica