Help on EASE-Grid Weekly Snow Cover data

Prince Xavier xavier at CAOS.IISC.ERNET.IN
Tue Jul 5 05:57:22 EDT 2005

Hello all,

Thanks Arindam. I did it in another slightly tricky way. But now there's the
problem of pre-projected data. The grid is 721 columns by 721 rows, with the
North Pole positioned at the center of the center pixel. Spatial resolution is
25 km. The CTL file I wrote looks like this.

dset ^test.grd
undef 254
pdef 721 721 nps 360 360 180.0 25
xdef 721 linear 0 0.5
ydef 721 linear 0 0.125
zdef 1 linear 1 1
tdef 1 linear 1jan1966 1dy
vars 1
sn 1 100 1 * snow
endvars

But it gives a distorted representation of the data. (Please see the
attachment.) Could anyone please help me to figure out what went wrong?

Regards
Prince

On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 11:32:02 -0400, Arindam Chakraborty wrote