Failed Assertion Stream

Mark Sponsler msponsler at COMCAST.NET
Fri Jul 1 13:28:46 EDT 2005

Hello GRADS Users,
I've been running GrADS 1.8s11 precompiled binaries on a variety of MS
Windows machines without problem for a year or more until recently (Win
2000, XP home and XP Pro).  Now when trying to use the DODs
client/interface on the MS 2000 and XP Home machines, I've been receiveing
the following error message when I try and connect to a valid DOSs server:

"Failed assertion stream at line 1083 of file Connect.cc"

The client then hangs and no communication to the server is possible.

If I ftp files to my PC and build the control files etc, everything works
fine, so it's just isolated to the DODs client.  The cleint used to work
fine on these same machines.

Does anyone know what is going on at line 1083 of the file Connect.cc that
might be causing this error?

Thanks in advance for your expert insight!