Help! How to get the weather information of a point plot?

ricardo marcelo da silva ricardom at ACD.UFRJ.BR
Sun Jan 30 16:44:44 EST 2005

fwrite outputs in binary, so you will not be able to open
it in a text editor like a ASCII file.
You can try to write it to a ASCII file, using
write command script. Note, it is not a GrADS command,
but a GrADS script command.
After that you can use PHP/Java,etc... to read that file.

Ricardo.

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 17:32:20 -0400, z z wrote
> Dear Lee
> Thanks for your reply. But I still have a question about the fwrite.
> For example:
> I want to collect the paramters value of the point(-90 45)) and write
> these paramters to a binary file. I wrote the script like this:
>
> 'set lon -90 -90'
> 'set lat 45 45'
> 'set t 1'
> 'set gxout fwrite'
> 'set fwrite output.dat'
> 'd z'
> 'd u'
> 'disable fwrite'
>
> The output.dat file was generated. But how can i open and read this
> file from another application? is it a standard binary file? I got
[UTF-8?]> this unreadable info "C p·?ãË? " when I try to open this file in
an