Read XieArkin's precipitation data by ddf file

Sara Rauscher rauscher at IRI.COLUMBIA.EDU
Wed Jan 12 15:18:01 EST 2005

Hi,

You can download a more grads-friendly version of the CMAP (Xie-Arkin)
precipitation from the IRI data library at

http://iridl.ldeo.columbia.edu/SOURCES/.NOAA/.NCEP/.CPC/.Merged_Analysis/.monthly/.v0411/

You can select time and spatial chunks and download it in multiple formats.

Or you can get it from the CDC at their web site:

http://www.cdc.noaa.gov/cdc/data.cmap.html

You should be able to open these netcdf files using the "sdfopen" command.

good luck.
sara

--
Dr. Sara A. Rauscher, Staff Associate
International Research Institute for Climate Prediction