Valid: YY.MM.DD HH:MM

Angel Dimitrov stormlaboratory at YAHOO.COM
Fri Jan 7 14:58:38 EST 2005

 Hi Alessandro,

> 'q time'
> tempo = subwrd(result,3)
>
> Suppose it gives something like
>
> tempo = "03Z19JAN2005"

 The problem is that this tempo is the initialization date. In my
ctlinfo the tempo is not the time for which is valid the data but it
is when the model is initialized (initial conditions). It seems that
I don't understand something well about the ctl information.

 If you want I can send you 2 Kbytes GRIB data file with one variable
of data which I use to look at it.

> p.s. I'll be in Poland for one week starting tomorrow.

 Have a nice trip!

 :-)

 Angel

--- Mandelli Alessandro <mandelli.alessandro at TISCALI.IT> wrote:

> Angel Dimitrov wrote:
> >  Hi,
> >
> >  Can you help me to plot the "Valid: YY.MM.DD HH:MM HHZ" field in
> > GrADS?
>
> 'q time'
> tempo = subwrd(result,3)
>
> Suppose it gives something like
>
> tempo = "03Z19JAN2005"
>
> Then you can do:
>
> HHZ=substr(tempo,1,3)
> Day=substr(tempo,4,2)
> Month=substr(tempo,6,3)
> Year=substr(tempo,9,4)
>
> At this point you can:
>
> 'draw title Valid: 'HHZ' 'Day' 'Month' 'Year
>
> If you want to change JAN by 01, then you have to do something like
>
> if (Month="JAN")
>         MM="01"
> endif
> if (Month="FEB")
>         MM="02"
> endif

> Ciao
>
> p.s. I'll be in Poland for one week starting tomorrow.
> Talk to you again on January 13th.

=====
Angel Dimitrov
Varna, Bulgaria