Valid: YY.MM.DD HH:MM

Charles Seman Charles.Seman at NOAA.GOV
Thu Jan 6 17:45:27 EST 2005

Angel,

If you try this ("tt" needs to be defined in the script;  it could be a
loop parameter...)

'set t 'tt
rec = sublin(result,1)
time = subwrd(rec,4)
say ' 'time

which prints (for the GrADS ctl file I used):

 1997:6:30:23

or the time is reported (truncated to the hour) as 23 UTC on June 30,
1997...  I'm not sure how to get the "minutes" in the string...

I hope this helps,
Chuck

 Charles Seman                                Charles.Seman at noaa.gov
 Geophysical Fluid Dynamics Laboratory / NOAA
 Princeton University                          voice: (609) 452-6547
 P.O. Box 308                                    fax: (609) 987-5063
 Princeton, NJ  08542-0308            http://www.gfdl.noaa.gov/~cjs/