files in NetCDF format

Don Hooper hoop at COLORADO.EDU
Tue Jan 4 15:59:30 EST 2005

You didn't specify a URL or any other details, and from what I could
see, PRUDENCE covers a multitude of sins, so to speak.  It seems clear
that they use many non-standard grid representations, some of the rotated.
The metadata from the one NetCDF file I got was far from COARDS-compliance.
Something close to COARDS is necessary before sdfopen will work.  The file
I got had one dimension, rgrid, which was used to index everything,
including, lat, lon, and rgrid itself!  In no case will GrADS be able to
do much with such a file, if anything.

-Hoop