How to store the data from *.grb?

ricardo marcelo da silva ricardom at ACD.UFRJ.BR
Fri Feb 25 11:43:12 EST 2005

GrADS is a option in this case, you could try wgrib, that I think already
comes with GrADS. If not, you can try:

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/wesley/wgrib.html

there are a lot of examples there, includin how to get ASCII files.

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 09:41:23 -0800, wenting wrote
> Hi, all:
>      Sorry to bother all of you. I have a very very basic question.
> I need the info and data in '*.grb' file. Now I am trying to use
> Grads to read it. Grads could read these data and show the variable
> as ASCII. How can I store these data into a file as ASCII or binary
> without characters. I need the ASCII data to be read in another program.
>     I installed 'grads-1.8sl11-win32e.exe' in WindowsXP, and I am using
> GradsC.
>
> Thanks a lot!
>
> wenting

regrid2(ugrdprs(t=1,lev=1000),0.5,0.5,bl);regrid2(vgrdprs(t=1,lev=1000),0.5,0.5,bl)