displaying GRIB data at a higher spatial resolution

Tye Parzybok tyep at METSTAT.COM
Thu Feb 24 10:09:32 EST 2005

Is possible to resample the GFS 2.5 deg x 2.5 deg reanalysis GRIB data
to a higher spatial resolution (like 0.5 x 0.5 degrees)? It seems like
the key in doing this lies in the manipulating (i.e. changing xdef and
ydef) the .ctl file, but I haven’t been able to make this work. I’ve
seen some on-line documentation that hints at doing this, but never
explains how to do it? All I need is the data display at a higher
resolution, I don’t actually need the raw gridded (GRIB) data at a
higher resolution. Does anyone know how to do this?

Thank you in advance for any help/advice/tips.

Regards,

Tye Parzybok

--
Tye W. Parzybok, President