data at 1 point

Matt Alonso malonso at MESO.COM
Thu Feb 10 11:13:53 EST 2005

Howdy folks,

I am really at a complete loss on this one.  I am trying to get the
value at one particular point.  In the past anytime I wanted to do this
I have always done:

set x 3
set y 3
d a1

I am working with model output data that I have worked with a 1000
times before.  This is the output from the session:

ga-> open 127_K.ctl
Scanning description file:  127_K.ctl
Data file 127_K.dat is open as file 1
LON set to -121.77 -121.629
LAT set to 37.7194 37.831
LEV set to 1000 1000
Time values set: 2004:1:26:0 2004:1:26:0
ga-> set x 2
LON set to -121.769 -121.769
ga-> set y 2
LAT set to 37.7203 37.7203
ga-> d a1
Data Request Error: Invalid grid coordinates
  World coordinates convert to non-integer grid coordinates
    Variable = a1  Dimension = 0
  Error ocurred at column 1
DISPLAY error:  Invalid expression
  Expression = a1
ga-> set x 2 3
LON set to -121.769 -121.768
ga-> d a1
ga->

I am sure this is just something that I am screwing up, but I cannot
seem to figure this one out.  As long as either X or Y has more than
one point it works fine.  What am I doing wrong?  Thanks in advance.

Matt